Thursday 19 May 2011

When you feel down

Sometimes I feel so down i feel like the next hour will never pass, like this weight on my shoulders will crush me way before I can get help.
My husband always asks me what's upset me, what is causing me to feel down and a lot of the time the answer "I'm not sure" infuriates him.  "You must know what it is" he says.  
More than often there is a trigger, a task I am doing goes wrong or I feel like I am not going to get everything I need to do done to the perfectionist standard I force upon myself, but the resulting depression is so disproportionate to this trigger.  Suddenly I feel as if nothing is or has ever been right or enjoyable or will ever be again.  The regret I feel about small parts of my life is magnified and crushes me and I look in desperation for something to grab onto... something to look forward to.  And there is nothing.  I am numb.  

When I feel like this I find the best solution is to take another step, think what you would normally do if you didn't feel this way and try and carry on.  This song really touches on something of what I feel and what I look for in those moments of despair

No comments:

Post a Comment